Wednesday 22 January 2020

2019: A Year In Crochet


Last year was a blankety sort of year. I finished the first half of the temperature blanket, started and finished the second half of the temperature blanket, finished Cosmic CAL, and made 182 granny squares for the battenberg blanket. 

In between blanket making, I have also been making pennants for outdoor bunting using coloured garden twine. I still have lots more to make before I start sewing it all together (I hate sewing). I have also started a body warmer/miners vest but I’m not sure if I like it enough to finish it. Last year I started making little hearts as an anxiety buster, but also as a way to use up scraps of yarn leftover from blanket making. I made David some fingerless gloves and I made his momma a new hat.

This year I need to focus on finishing off projects. I need to finish the Willendorf Venus that I started in 2018 but I crocheted her bum on back to front and haven’t worked on her since. I cannot start a new blanket until I’ve sewn all of my granny squares and edged them. I suppose I had better finish the body warmer thing, but I have no desire to do so.

Patterns where I've used them are linked in the image captions, but a lot stuff has been freehanded.

Davids Gloves, or one of them at least. No pattern. 

Little hearts

Temperature blanket part the first

Bunting. Started with a fdc 13, ch1 turn, dc 13, then decreased down alternate rows


Cosmic CAL

Battenberg squares

Temperature blanket second part

Using star stitch with chunky wool to make the body warmer. The stitch is great fun and very decorative, but this is three rows worth so it takes a lot of time and wool!

Momma B's hat. No pattern. Somehow I freehanded it.