Thursday 30 January 2020

Most Popular Blog Posts of 2019


I have finally given in and treated myself to a shiny new modern laptop. It is smaller and lighter than my previous lappy, but more importantly, it is FASTLY FAST. So fast! So swish! So responsive! So difficult to type because I am used to a larger and more clunky slow keyboard! Nevermind, I am sure I will quickly get used to it.

One of the perks of having a laptop that ya know, works, is that I can actually load things on the internet without waiting three weeks. In the process of doing this and having a play, I discovered some interesting things about my blog.

I never get a lot of page views on this blog. I am lucky if one post gets up to 20 views. Lots of those views, however, are me – checking for typos and the picture spacing etc. I have made peace with this as I don’t really, actually, truthfully write this blog for anyone else. I write it for me as a memory aid, to document what I’ve done and where I’ve been. It’s super great for me to look back on the allotment over the years and to see how things have changed.

January 2019 seemed to be peak blog views, and I don’t know why. All of my top four page view numbers took place last year, with literally thousands of views each. I know for a fact that I didn’t check typos *that* many times!

Number four, with 1890 views is this blog post, New Year,Who Dis.
Number three, with 1976 views is A Busy Week On The Allotment.
Number two is my Allotment December 2018 update, with weirdly 2018 views.

The top spot at number one is my Mitred Granny Square Crochet Blanket post. Weird, this one, as I don’t particularly like the blanket, and it is nowhere near being finished. This post has 2038 views?!

Funny little world ain’t it. My blog has 22,452 overall page views since I started it back in 2016. It was intended to share Adventures, hence the title. Trips to see geological sites, holiday adventures to see new places and the like. It has however just become a place to document what I’ve done, and I’m ok with that. Quite a lot of what I post is about new things, or new places that David and I have visited. I also discovered that my blog is fractionally more popular in Ukraine than it is in the UK.

It has taken a fraction of the time to write this blog. I LOVE THIS LAPTOP. It is so swish and nice and responsive. Also, it has all of the keyboard buttons which helps.

Here's a bonus picture of Taffy-Cat.