Thursday 3 January 2019

Allotment Life: December 2018


December is generally a quiet allotment month but it is always weather dependant. I dug over a couple more beds so I only have one left to turn. The big projects I wanted to get done haven’t happened as they require financial input and I have been unemployed since the end of November so haven’t been able to justify spending money on the ‘plot.

Santa got me a lovely solitary bee nesting house which I am going to paint and then put up on my shed with my other bug houses, and I have lots of painting to do for Plot 4 for Momma P. I also got a replacement pruning saw as some git has nicked mine from my shed.

January will hopefully be more productive. I need to coppice the dogwood (and now have a new saw to do it with), and I need to start planning crops and working out when to start sowing. I am aiming for one hour a week, little and often, to try and have a fruitful year.

Some of my presents from santa - new crochet hooks, a tree book, and a bee house.

Plot 31 needs some general maintenance this year including new door hinges...