Monday 7 January 2019

Crochet Blanket Inspiration: Mitred Granny Square


I can’t even remember when I started this, but it was fairly early in my learning-to-crochet career. It is a simple granny square, but mitred instead of worked in rounds (I work two sides of the square then turn, instead of four sides in a round), which gives it a different style. I am using scraps for this, and to be honest I haven’t worked on it for a few years now. I am using a range of yarns and I think a 4mm hook. The idea is to not worry about colours clashing, and to just use up odds and ends of yarn balls. 

Before I discovered the joys of sewing in ends as I go, and remembering to leave ends long enough *to* sew in...!


I am not using a pattern for this and I don't really have a plan for it except to make it bigger. Smaller mitred grannies (now there's an image) can be stitched together to make quite effective patterns - Pinterest as ever is a great source of inspiration

Maybe 2019 will be the year I get it out and work on it some more….?