Tuesday 9 July 2019

Dabbling With Painting


When I was away in the Lake District for a few days in May, my friends Anna and Rowena were doing some painting. I decided I wanted to do some painting too, and David has since kitted me out with brushes, a watercolour pad, gouache paint and a little mixing tray. I am basically just doodling with paint, but it has been a great exercise in patience as I need to let the first layer dry before I do the next, or do some detail and then leave it to dry before adding more, finer detail etc.

I haven’t done any masterpieces yet – everything is quite simple – but I am enjoying the process and the colour mixing and the squiggly lines and the dollops of paint to make little dots. Here is what I’ve done so far (the crisp lines are thanks to a roll of masking tape!):

Painting One -

Before......

After!
Painting 2 - 


I can't get it to rotate and it is annoying me.

Painting 3:

Using 'Making Winter' as inspo


Painting 4: