Sunday 1 September 2019

Weekend Getaway; Day Three.


Our last day away saw us head up to WWT Slimbridge. David and I are members of the WWT so we get free entry to their sites. I don’t cope well in the sun and despite my big wide-brim hat we had to keep ducking in and out of bird hides to get some respite from the heat.




The highlight of my whole day was finding a flamingo feather on the floor (!!!).  I LOVE flamingos and have done for a very long time (this whole flamingo trend that’s happening is not helping, as I also love tat and now have multiple flamingo-themed/print everything). Now I have a feather from an actual flamingo and I shall treasure it forever – in my new flamingo print glasses case.




We decided to avoid the M5 coming home so had a leisurely drive up the A38 stopping for a Maccies. Their mango & pineapple crushed ice things are SO refreshing in this weather.

I took my crochet away with me as I always do but didn’t do a thing with it. Too hot/tired/exhausted from the heat to do anything in the evenings. I thoroughly enjoyed our little break. We have decided that we absolutely must have a seaside jaunt once a month every month next year, so we will.

Here's a snoozy otter