Thursday 29 August 2019

Weekend Getaway; Day One!


David and I managed to grab a decent block of time off work together – five whole days! We decided to head to the seaside as David hasn’t been yet this year but we couldn’t afford much as we were a week before payday.



On Friday we headed down to Lulworth, via the Cerne Abbas Giant and a couple of stops en route. 


We always stop at Gloucester Services for CAKE

Well. The Giant was quite a disappointment (seriously – I thought it was going to be life-changing). Whilst we were there David got stung by either a wasp or bee down the back of his collar. I pulled the sting out of his neck with my nails (it was TINY, like a really small, fine eyelash) but I thought wasps retained their stinger?




Lulworth was absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous. Full of people (not so good) but we had an ice cream and I had a paddle, then I decided to go back to the car and put my swimsuit on, bought some sea-shoes, and went for an actual swim in the sea! First time in a long time – the last time I went swimming in the sea was off the coast of Arran during fieldwork in 2013. I thoroughly enjoyed it.






After Lulworth we drove over to our stop for the night in Weymouth, a little B&B on the seafront. Dinner was care of Wetherspoons, pudding from Tesco. The beach and seafront were nearly empty as we walked back. Straight to bed we went, lots of sun and excitement for one day!






And so, to bed.