Sunday 13 December 2020

Crochet Blanket Inspiration: Sophies Universe!

I haven't done a blanket inspo post for a while! I have a few to catch up with now, so here is the first.

I was gifted the pattern book for Sophies Universe a few years ago now and it’s been sitting, waiting for me to get on with it. I had a couple of blankets I needed to finish before I could start a new one.

I started Sophie in August 2020 when I was still part time furloughed, and finished her at the end of November. The pattern was quite fun to work on but I had difficulty interpreting the pattern in some parts. Also it is written in American stitches so I had to always double check that I was doing the right stitches.

Anyhoo – she’s done! She measures about 1.8m across. I haven’t blocked her (ever). I used a 4mm hook throughout. I used Stylecraft Special DK in white, spearmint, and apricot.

Have a look at my other Crochet Blanket Inspiration posts here. There’s lots. I need more furniture to drape blankets over…