Tuesday 1 December 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 27

Last day! Wahooooooo! Not that it’ll really make any difference to anyone. D and I will be continuing much the same as we have been.

Yesterday I FINISHED SOPHIES UNIVERSE! All 113 rounds! Done! However, I had already decided to do extra rounds to make her bigger as I like my blankets to comfortably fit on the bed, and she doesn’t yet. So a few more rounds to go before she gets washed and softened. She looks good though. It’s been fun, stressful, complicated and confusing, but I’ve wanted to make a Sophie for YEARS. Maybe five or six years. And now I have.

Today I was up at 5:45 after having a super shit sleep, and I was on site for 7:50am. We built raised bed planters today in the winter sunshine so it’s been a good day, but fuck me I am tired.

We have done the tree!! Spiky spiky but it’s done. The lights aren’t quite long enough so there’s a high chance that I’ll be buying more and swapping them…

My winter spinach seeds are coming up, we still have roses in flower out the front, the bulbs are all coming up nearly everywhere, and the amaryllis is reaching for the skies with three (!) flower buds.

Tomorrow at work we shall be having a fire and making wreaths!