Saturday 27 October 2018

Celebrating 30; in Crochet


I decided a little while ago to make a temperature blanket as a record of my 30th year. I never thought I’d live to see 30, so I want to celebrate it every day this year. It is a long process with a lot of step backs and downers, but generally I feel a lot happier, calmer and content, compared with my teenage years and early twenties. I guess the medication is working.

I came up with a colour scheme and attached each colour to a temperature range. I check the temperature at 2pm for wherever I am, make a note, and then do a row in that colour. I started with a foundation double crochet (FDC) row wide enough to cover a double bed (I haven’t and don’t intend to count the stitches), and each row is made using half treble (HTR). I am using a 4.5mm hook, and Stylecraft Special DK.

So far it is very green! I started on my birthday, October 15th, and I will do a black double crochet (DC) row between each month. I am stitching over my loose ends every time I attach a new colour so I don’t have any sewing in to do at the end.