Wednesday 24 October 2018

Making the Seasons; My First Attempt.


I have been inspired by Lucy from Attic 24 for a long time. I started making wreaths because of her, and I have recently started to try ‘making the seasons’, which is inspired by both Attic 24, and Emma aka Silver Pebble who I follow on Twitter.

The simplicity of it all and the slower pace of life is something I want to work towards, and it gives me an excuse to wrap up and go outside, go exploring, and fill dog poop bags with all the things I can find (but not poop). I just can’t resist fresh conkers, or peeling open the green husks to pull them out. I love crunching through the leaves and feeling the fresh, brisk, cold air on my face.

My first attempt at ‘making the seasons’ was fairly simple. I took a large vase (thanks, momma!), some orange fairy lights (Poundland), and loads of conkers & cones that I had collected. I now have a display centrepiece which also acts as nice, calming, ambient background lighting. 


It is very relaxing, even if it did take four attempts to get the light placing right.

Instagram is also a huge source of inspo for me. Silver Pebble makes me want to draw even though I can't, and Attic 24 makes me want to quit work and just crochet All. The. Time.