Tuesday 2 March 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 57

A very physical today, I think I can feel an ab under the fat roll. Just the one (ab, not fat rolls. They are multiple). I have done a lot of deliveries and drop offs today – trees to one person, planters to another, stuff to the allotment.

Today Glenn and I spent four hours in the sunshine building two more raised beds for the new Green Gym site in West Heath. Only two more to go and then I have the headache of working out how to fill them!

Did an hour at the allotment after work with Momma Pat. We’ve put the boundary stakes in to make it clear where my plot is and where the paths are etc. Also tidied up the brash from the trees I cut down the other day, and cut a few more down.

We had a power cut at 9pm last night and it didn't come back on until 3:30am. We know this because David had to come downstairs to turn the TV off.

Our hallway is becoming a wood store. I need to dry the planks and then I can use them for making into more planters.

Wool arrived today!! Clearly from a multicoloured flock of alpacas. These balls are destined to become socks.

David has cooked a curry for dinner, different to our usual one. Very mild but very nice.

Exercise: moving timber, hammering stakes, walking 3.5miles, sawing wood.

Dinner: curry

The bulb planters that were done by my lovely volunteer group are all coming out into bloom now. Very excited for the ladies to see the site in a few weeks time. I have made the to do list so I’m ready to go.

Tomorrow is my last day at work before 11 days off! And then I’m back to full time after that. Better make the most of it. Oh wait, I’ll be up the allotment…









Yes we do have four door mats now.