Thursday 4 March 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 59

A busy hard day today. David and I have been shifting paving slabs to the new allotment from varying parts of South Birmingham – I have been begging & acquiring! We/I now have 25 slabs, which will hopefully be enough for the shed base. Maybe not enough for the water butts too, but the priority is the shed base. We left at 9am and got home at 4:30pm.

Digger man is coming tomorrow to dig the new plot over and level it all off. It is very tussocky and hummocky and has a ditch down the middle and quite frankly I can't be arsed to dig it all by hand. I have done my fair share of setting up new allotments or dismantling them in the last 18 months! 

My hard case on my phone bit the dust today – phone slipped out of my butt jeans pocket and shattered the front cover. Utterly shattered. I mean, it was already cracked and held together with sellotape, but yeah. Shattered.

Tonight I have worked up a quick soft phone sock just to give it a bit of padding when it’s in my pocket until the new hard case arrives. I am good at breaking stuff so it’s only a matter of time before I shatter the phone too.

Sock progress – toe and foot made of the first sock, now time to increase for the gusset. I am making them one at a time. Think I should've used a smaller hook to get tighter stitches but hey ho.

Exercise: slabs & sack truck. FAB resistance/weight training technique, maybe I'll market it.

Dinner: sketti and meatballs with leftover sauce

Lunch: sausage & egg sammich with a hot choca. Awwwwwwwwww yis.