Sunday 7 March 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 62

I am officially deciding that this is the last day of daily lockdown blogging. It’s been interesting (and challenging) blogging my mundane lockdown life. Some days I feel like nothing has been accomplished but actually, I’ve done quite well.

Today:

Allotment! David has started laying the slabs for the shed base but we’ve worked out that I need about another £70 of sand. We also had to take up the membrane that I’d so carefully put down as there is a change in slope of about 7 inches from one side to the other, which would’ve used up more sand. So we’ve piled dirt underneath the membrane and raked it out to try and raise the ground level a bit. Still need more sand though.

David has come up with another idea for the shed base but it is going to cost about £80 in timber, maybe more. Either way, I am going to be spending a lot of money on the shed base. And I haven’t even priced up a shed yet.

I have finished my first sock for me. I am not sure if I like it but I am sure that I have lost my crojo, and therefore the second sock is not going to be made anytime soon.

Still waiting for daffs in the garden to open.

I went full flamingo today. Socks, t shirt, under jumper, over jumper, handbag, water bottle, shoes.

Exercise: allotment

Dinner: stir fry