Friday 5 March 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 60

How have we made it this far? When will it ever end? I have decided to finished daily lockdown blogging on Sunday as Monday 8th is when things start to open up again. So only two days left. Perhaps.

Today in the garden:

·       29 radish seedlings

·       4 lettuce seedlings

·       2 mustard red frills seedlings

·       4 spring onion seedlings

·       Lots of small daffs under the acer tree are starting to open

·       Big daffs still not fully open

·       Loads of iris and hyacinth out

·       White muscari that I couldn’t be bothered to separate and just planted them as a clump instead are starting to form their flower buds

Today, Momma P and I have spent a few hours at the allotment. Digger man came today and he has dug all of plot 16 over and levelled it, ripped out some plum trees that I was in the process of cutting down, and he moved some topsoil that wasn’t mine. It is SO GOOD. It has saved us a good hard slog of labour. Man wot can is the way forward. He also gave me £30 back when I paid him.

So today on the plot:

·       Took the arch down & moved it

·       Cover and supports off the polytunnel

·       Started dismantling the raised beds

·       Got v angry at another plot holder because he took it upon himself to use the slabs that D and I moved yesterday to start making a path. I swore a lot but I think he got the message

·       About 20 barrow loads of bricks moved, and still more to go

·       Found three red ants nests under three bricks but they were so docile I got really close to take photos

·       I have walked 3.8miles

Tomorrow we will be moving and rebuilding the polytunnel so that we can empty Mommas as it is currently full of all of my stuff.

Sock progress is good, I have made most of the first foot now. The yarn is very fine and slippy, I keep mis-stitching. When I make the stripy pair I will go down a hook size.

Exercise today: allotment

Dinner today: beige freezer dinner – fish cakes, hash browns, beans, dollop of sauce.

I chopped some of the flower stems in the vase today so some are shorter but it has made the bunch look more full. Much more fullerer.





Allotment chic

Man wot can! And did!









I am good at pointing