Saturday 6 March 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 61

Allotment again today. Momma P and I have marked out where the shed, water butts, & polytunnel are going, laid out the weed membrane, and then carried the polytunnel frame up from Plot 31. It is now fixed in place with all the pegs and legs, and the cover is on. We also built two raised beds in it – I wanted raised beds in my polytunnel but it didn’t quite happen last year. Yes I know they’re wonky, no I don’t really care. The carrots won’t mind when they’re growing.

My old plot has been re-let already. I hope they're not expecting it to come with raised beds, garlic, almond tree, flower bulbs, compost bins...

Sock is progressing well, I have nearly finished the first one. I have decided to use all of the ball of orange and see how tall I can make the ankle before doing the cuff.

The tulip basket out the front is coming into bud.

I saw Ms Fluffkins today. She has most definitely not forgiven me for moving out.

Ran a bath today and got in it, had to get out again as it was far too hot. Had to lie on the bed for half an hour while my pulse calmed down and the water cooled.

Exercise: allotment

Dinner: pizza