Wednesday 5 May 2021

J.O.M.O

Or, the joy of missing out. Estranged sibling of FOMO, fear of missing out.

I decided this week to take a break from twitter & Instagram. I have deleted one and blocked access to the other. I still use them for work though so it’s not as fool proof as planned. Anyhoo, I am not using them personally. I am still not using personal faceache very much, I only really use it to share blog links now.

Muscle memory is a very real thing and it takes every ounce of my being to not immediately get onto twitter as soon as I come downstairs in the morning. I have started doing a few games of solitaire instead. On my phone. So I’m still using my phone but trying to wake my brain up with games rather than twitter.

I am also working on my puff stitch crochet blanket as a way to keep my hands occupied. Can’t scroll while you hook.

We had some bad news about a friend recently and we’re both anxious about varying other things – namely a wedding that is happening soon. We’re both convinced that one of us is going to abandon the other at the altar. I don’t even know if there is an altar. I can’t abandon him. I don’t know my way home and he’s driving.

Slow life is good. I’m having an admin week this week for work so I am not out with groups, but am instead sat in front of a laptop all day catching up on fun things like risk assessments, report writing, e-learning, and scheduling the next months worth of social media auto-posts. Fun fun fun! But given the weather, I’d rather be inside than out.

We’ve had our rental inspection this week and she said nothing about the nudey gnomes on the mantel but did say she was very impressed with what I’ve done to the garden and how good it looks. Good job I’m a gard’ner then ain’t it.

Trying to slow down a bit. Social media is very rapid and frantic and likelikelikelikelikelikelike and full of cliques and cliches and I fit into none of them. I keep looking out the window as I write this. I want to be DOING STUFF in the garden and the allotment but the weather is crap and I have no money and I need money and guttering clips and timber to make window frames for the shed.

I’ve had a tension headache for two whole days now. I’ve been growing out my nails ready to file and shape them for the wedding but I broke two today so I bit the rest off. I have also trimmed my nose hair, so that’s something.

End ramble. 

My head hurts.














Very pink.