Saturday 5 January 2019

Festive Festivities


I have been utterly spoilt this festive season. I hate this time of year and I’d much rather ignore it all. With lots of help and support from my partner, this has been the first christmas in about seven years that I haven’t had a meltdown. I haven’t cried once. At all. Not even a slight tearing up. Success! I even had two sit down meals, even though for one of them I just kept my head down and focussed on sprout wrangling.

Santa has given me some truly lovely thoughtful presents; two antique bone crochet hooks (!), two KnitPro hooks, a Sophies Universe CAL pattern book, a solitary bee house, a tree book, two woodwork books, some raspberry Archers (the lesser known yet superior flavour), a huuuuuuggge 850g bar of Dairy Milk, a picture disc vinyl of Nirvana Unplugged in New York (!), and lots of other little bits and pieces for my sewing box.

Spreading out present giving has helped loads this year. I get very overwhelmed if I have too much stuff on one day. I feel incredibly unworthy and guilty. This year we started opening presents on the 24th, had more on the 25th and 26th, it was David and mines anniversary on the 27th so we had a few more, and then we had new years gifts on the 31st.

I have also been more relaxed this year as I have been unemployed but have a job lined up, so haven’t been getting stressed with looking for a new job.

My new favourite neck warmer

I *love* bad disaster movies.


Link


Link

Get in my belly!!!

Bone crochet hooks