Wednesday 7 November 2018

Celebrating 30; Getting My Ears Pierced


My momma and my sister both have three holes in each ear lobe. I was late to the piercing game; I didn’t get my first holes done until I was 21, and then the second holes at 22. I have recently had my third holes done as part of my ongoing Turning 30 celebrations!

The first two holes were done with a gun – so simple and quick. The third holes were done somewhere else and the lady used a needle. I fainted. 

I have been a blood donor for a few years now but I recently had to stop – because I kept going faint. I should be used to needles and jabs by this point; it wasn't a bad pain, it was just sustained and I don't particularly like people faffing around my face or neck anyway! 

I am trying to look after myself better and to do things that make me happy. Self care is a huge thing for me and it includes many different things. I’ve wanted my third hole done for a couple of years but I have never gotten around to it, so I went and did it! Not sure I'll be rushing to get anything else pierced any time soon though.


Medicinal Giant Donut.