Thursday 15 November 2018

Crochet Blanket Inspiration; Cosmic CAL


Next up in my new series of Crochet Blanket Inspiration is a WIP I am currently doing. I started this back in April. I got so far and then put it down for about two months and now I generally only pick it up when I’ve got a week off work to devote to smashing through the pattern and getting a large chunk made.

At the moment I am on part 6; there are 9 parts in total.

This pattern has been very challenging and even frustrating in parts, and there are lots of sections that I’ve had to frog and redo. I have learnt loads of new stitches and although I have had stressful times, I am really enjoying it and have loved developing my crochet skills. The texture on this pattern is beautiful and it really is most unlike anything I’ve ever made. I’d never really thought about doing popcorn stitch and other complex techniques but it is a lot of fun.

There is an active, brilliant, and super supportive Facebook group for this CAL, and there is also a Ravelry Page, and lots of digital downloads available. Helen also has a very informative blog and lots of video tutorials!

Parts 1-5; using Stylecraft Special DK acrylic & a 4mm hook.

You can read about my other blankets too!