Tuesday 7 June 2016

Day 07; #30DaysWild - First Allotment Harvest of the Year

I spent day 7 of #30DaysWild out at work training, wondering what I could do for my daily dose of wild. When I got home in the evening I went to the allotment to water everything as we hadn’t had much rain. While there, I saw loads of bees on a neighbouring plots comfrey (must plant comfrey – I saw at least four different types of bees!), and I also saw a blue tit, a robin and a juvenile common frog. I also had my first harvest of the year!! And so I ate peas fresh from the pod. Great day, ended up with a little dose of wild, in suburban Birmingham.



Peas!!

Frog has entered hyperdrive.

Every June the Wildlife Trusts run a campaign called 30 Days Wild. This year I shall be taking part! It is my first time doing the challenge, and I’ve been planning lots of things to do over the month. The idea is to encourage wildness, exploration and an involvement with the natural world. The daily things can be anything, from walking barefoot, to doing outdoor yoga, or growing veg to hunting out woodlice under a stone. Little things that help you reconnect with nature!