Friday 17 June 2016

Day 17; #30DaysWild – Wild Verge at the Lickey Hills

Didn’t do day 16 for some reason or another…!


On day 17 I decided to go and look at a verge near the Lickey Hills Country Park. I had seen this verge many times as I drove past, or to and from the Lickeys, and the orchids here are so large and plentiful that they catch the eye, so I went to have a proper look. I counted 127 when I was there!


Common Spotted Orchid


Every June the Wildlife Trusts run a campaign called 30 Days Wild. This year I shall be taking part! It is my first time doing the challenge, and I’ve been planning lots of things to do over the month. The idea is to encourage wildness, exploration and an involvement with the natural world. The daily things can be anything, from walking barefoot, to doing outdoor yoga, or growing veg to hunting out woodlice under a stone. Little things that help you reconnect with nature!