Monday 13 June 2016

Day 13; #30DaysWild – Den Building & Minibeast Hunting at Peascroft Wood, Bilston

Spent my day 13 back at Peascroft Wood, helping out with a fun school session! Local year four pupils came to the site to do some minibeast hunting in the meadow and wood, and then in the afternoon they split into groups and made some dens using old tree material. It was great watching the children work together, make dens, and use cleavers as roofing material. At the end of the day I saw some bugs on a buttercup so I showed it to some of the children and we watched them feeding.



Every June the Wildlife Trusts run a campaign called 30 Days Wild. This year I shall be taking part! It is my first time doing the challenge, and I’ve been planning lots of things to do over the month. The idea is to encourage wildness, exploration and an involvement with the natural world. The daily things can be anything, from walking barefoot, to doing outdoor yoga, or growing veg to hunting out woodlice under a stone. Little things that help you reconnect with nature!