Sunday 12 June 2016

Day 12; #30DaysWild – Community Picnic & Craft Day at Peascroft Wood, Bilston

For day 12 I was helping one of the Reserves Officers from the Birmingham & Black Country Wildlife Trust with a community picnic day at a site in Bilston! This area was once a fever hospital but it is now a beautiful woodland with a meadow, open glades, winding footpaths and patches of wildflowers. Despite the poor turnout due to the weather I had a great day out and made myself a tree cookie medallion and had a chat with a local lady who was a patient at the fever hospital when she was a child.


Every June the Wildlife Trusts run a campaign called 30 Days Wild. This year I shall be taking part! It is my first time doing the challenge, and I’ve been planning lots of things to do over the month. The idea is to encourage wildness, exploration and an involvement with the natural world. The daily things can be anything, from walking barefoot, to doing outdoor yoga, or growing veg to hunting out woodlice under a stone. Little things that help you reconnect with nature!