Friday 28 December 2018

7 Days of Wild Christmas; Days 1, 2 and 3.


My first three days of the Wild Christmas challenge are fairly simple. I am an outdoorsy person anyway, so it isn’t hard for me to get outside to do something, but I have liked having a reason to do so. I have lots of crochet projects and other craft things going on, so it’d be very easy for me to avoid the outside world this week.

Day One; Momma P and I went up to Plot 31 and fed the birds and fox, and I also hung a homemade suet, lard, cheese, mealworm, peanut & mixed seed feeder. We made it in half of a coconut shell.



Day Two; David and I went for a walk to a new part of Cannock Chase (new for us). We saw a buzzard flying low over the heath, and looked for deer tracks in the mud. We have both been ill and I had a wee hangover so it was only a short walk.



Day Three; Another day, another walk. This day was our two-year anniversary and instead of doing what we usually do (a mooch around the Wren’s Nest in Dudley so I can get more fossils that I don’t need) we decided to go for a walk up Kinver Edge. I’ve only been here once before and I didn’t walk anywhere, so it doesn’t count. David and I did a circular route along the top of the sandstone ridge, saw a small cloud inversion, spoke to some dogs, and I admired some long yellow catkins. I love catkins, they remind me of my childhood.



Four days left! I am posting my daily pictures on Instagram and Twitter. What are you doing to have 7 Wild Days?