Sunday 30 December 2018

Aims and Goals for 2019


I’m not one for resolutions for the new year as things happen and I don’t achieve them and then it sends me on a big ol’ downward spiral because I’m a failure (at least that’s how my brain works anyway). So with that in mind, instead of “resolutions”, I have some aims and goals for the year but a lot of them are practical and will just happen anyway, but writing them down helps to focus my mind and efforts.

1)      Move out of my parents house (!!!) – I have just turned 30, and due to circumstances I just haven’t been able to afford to leave without risking putting myself in major debt. This year, now that I have a stable long term relationship, and am about to start a permanent job role, I am hoping to be moved out by my 31st birthday.

2)      Lose a bit of weight. I want to lose about one stone (around 7kg). It isn’t much but it’ll make me feel better about myself and my body. And my jeans will fit again.

3)      Spend more time at the allotment. I am aiming for one hour a week. I will also budget a small amount of money each month to go towards allotment related things – tools, wood, paint etc.

4)      Walk more and hula hoop more.

5)      Save a decent amount of money and actually keep it saved. I am useless at saving money.

I have a swanky new diary and I’m going to keep a log of the walking, swimming and hula hooping that I do, and I’m going to set up new standing orders so my money leaves my bank account before I even know it’s there.

I want to get fit enough to climb Snowdon without being completely knackered.
I want to take David to Scotland.
I want to see a starling murmuration!!

Other aims include things like; take better care of myself and get my hair cut more than once a year. Ya know, ‘normal’ things.