Sunday 23 December 2018

7 Days of Wild Christmas


You may have heard of 30 Days Wild, an event organised by the Wildlife Trusts to get people out and engaged in nature for the month of June. This year, they have given us a festive edition – the 7 Days of Wild Christmas! Running from December 25th to 31st, the aim is the same; get outdoors into nature even if it’s only for 15 minutes, and see what you can see. Stop and listen. Feel the sun on your face or make patterns in the frost.

Simple things can include feeding the birds and given them fresh water, or going for a cold wintry walk in a local park. It could also be recycling your real tree, watching a sunset, spotting natural clumps of mistletoe in trees now that the leaf cover is gone, or making items from things you’ve found – natural wreaths, suet bird feeders, or bug houses for example.

I will be taking part as I need a reason to get out at this time of year. I hate the festive season, so having something to focus on will help me massively. I will be posting pictures over on my Instagram and I’ll try to blog every day but it may not happen as I’ll be in places without internet.

You can get more ideas here from the Wildlife Trust website.


Highgate Common

Doncaster

Charmouth

I can't remember.

Attenborough Nature Reserve

Rushcliffe Country Park

Plot 31

Rushcliffe Country Park