Sunday 28 March 2021

Happy Monthiversary, Plot 16!!

Yes, it’s been a whole four weeks since I took on P16! And what a four weeks it has been. Non-stop, frankly. I will be up there again tomorrow and I was there yesterday and today. This weekend Momma P and I have;

·       Planted an apple tree

·       Made a fence thing with shelf frame, canes & mesh

·       Planted raspberries to grow up it

·       Planted tagetes (French marigolds) in a very feng shui manner

·       Planted bulbs around the apple tree

·       Planted bulbs down the side of the plot behind the polytunnel

·       Made an L-shape bed at the other end of the compost bin

·       Filled it with herbs, strawberries, raspberries to climb up the compost bin, a sea holly, daffs & crocus bulbs, and then topped it off with gravel

·       Scattered some flower seed around and about

·       Made another bed double height, just need to fill it up now

 

Tomorrow I will be planting more bulbs out of the pots, sowing some veg and salad seed, and taking the cabbage cage apart in preparation to rebuild it smaller.

I have decided I want another fruit tree but not sure what I want. There is already plum, apple, and almond, and Momma has a kiwi. I was thinking maybe a pear? I am not a jammer so I don’t want jam fruit.

Today I saw magpie, crow, pigeon, gull, robin, chaffinch, great tit, blue tit, long tailed tit, and lots of big fat bumblebutts. I heard the woodpecker. I have seen photo evidence of our newest resident on the plot – a fecking PHEASANT of all things!! In Fairfax!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Colour me smacked in the gob.

Next weekend I have to actually pay for the plot, and pay off the tab that I’ve been running up in the allotment shop. No more allotment spending for me this month! In fact, after the huge food shop I did on Friday, probably no spending at all for the rest of the month..........


Made by one half of the famous duo Bodgit n Scarper.

Count the cable ties! Closest answer gets a jelly snake.

Apple twig in flaaars. Chic.