Sunday 8 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 04

Today has been grey and foggy and mild and a bit rainy. I spent the morning at the allotment. I have planted toilet roll peas, broad bean seeds, cleared out two raised beds, covered one with a tarp, and covered the other with cardboard and whatever poop I could muster. From the heap. I need more poop.

Exercise today: allotment, poop shifting, 1.6 miles walking, 8 mins hula hooping, putting the duvet cover on. I haven’t cycled today as David told me off yesterday for cycling when he told me not to because I hurt my leg. I am a woman and I Know Better.

I fancied some hot spiced apple juice so I made some.

I saw 8 long tailed tits, 10 blue tits, 4 great tits, and 1 coal tit today. A good tit day.

The snapdragons out the front are fully flowering again. The planters out the front are looking really good but it is NOVEMBER and they shouldn’t be.

My flamingo amaryllis has two flower buds coming, and the avocado stone that I accidentally ripped in half is/are both growing well.

Daily blogging is hard when you have a boring life but actually it turns out that I do a lot each day. I have started re-crocheting the undone rounds today, in between chick flick watching.

Dinner today was a big ol’ Sunday roast. Next step is a bubble bath with a book and half a bag of giant chocolate buttons.