Tuesday 17 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 13

I had a second day off work today and it has been most enjoyable with nothing major to do or anywhere to go. I have made lots of phonecalls in the last couple of days to try and sort out household admin.

Today I went to the allotment to put mesh over the garlics to stop the birds pulling them out. They think the new shoots are grubs so they yank out the cloves. I also staple gunned the bejesus out of my polytunnel to try and keep the cover rigid to stop it blowing around so much. I used a lot of staples today.

Exercise yesterday was sod all.

Exercise today was 10 min cycling and some bean weights. My arm is sore cuz I had my flu jab yesterday and my back has been really sore for some unknown reason so I have had heat packs on it to try and loosen my muscles.

I put my carved avocado stone hedgehog in amongst the acorn cups. I can’t even see it from the sofa because I am so very short sighted, but it makes me happy knowing that it is there.

I managed to reverse park my car to within 1cm of the dividing fence between our drive and the neighbours today and I doubt that I shall ever do that again. And no I didn't hit it.

Back to work tomorrow, though I shall be out with the ladies so it never feels like work.

Dinner tonight was a mixed grill - we haven't had one for ages. Fried egg & beans on toast, with sausages, hash browns, and fried bell pepper (& mushroom for D).







I implore you all to watch this video (click)