Monday 16 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 12

Yesterday evening I made some pastries because I wanted to. I decorated the cinnamon swirls with raspberry icing and chocolate stars. David got six pain au chocolat.

David bought me some flamingo themed cushion covers for my birthday and I bought some yellow pompom trim to edge them with, but discovered that whoever made the covers didn’t put a protective sheet of card in the middle, so the glue from the transfer stuck the front to the back, so I couldn’t open it to pin the pompoms on ready for sewing. I consulted the oracle (Momma P) and we decided that washing would probably help. I put the covers aside on the ‘get a round tuit’ list, but today I have finally sorted them. I just filled the washing up bowl with hot water and let them soak while I did the vacuuming, and it’s worked! So they’ve now been upgraded to the ‘get around to sewing’ pile.

I saw Her Majesty the Floof today. She ran away.

I have started part 15 of Sophies Universe. I started it mostly to kill time before going out to get my flu jab and my fanny poked. Not at the same time/appointment.

Dinner today was lamb bolognese using the leftover sauce from Saturday and a tray of mince.