Saturday 14 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 10

Day 10! Flying by.

Today I had a damp allotment day but it was PERFECT because the site was EMPTY. I like it when no one else is there. I have shifted more muck so the second raised bed is now done, a ground bed has had a layer to rot down over winter, and I have a small surplus heap to use in spring. I have also planted ALL THE GARLIC including some what I gone and dug up from my Selly Oak site. Pretty sure it is elephant garlic and also pretty sure it has been in the same bed for three years, because it was there when I started nearly two years ago (!!) and despite our best efforts, we clearly hadn’t dug it all out. Anyway. It’s now on my allotment. I also cleaned out and topped up the bird feeders. I need to get more fat balls, again. I also really want some of those expensive seed feeders that squirrels are too fat for.

When I got home I decided to start making dinner. Sketti and meatballs today as D has an open pack of meatballs in the fridge that need using. I have slow cooked the sauce for HOURS whilst I watched Bridget Jones on Netflix and did some crochet. How very chic. How millennial. How cliché. Who gives a fuck, I have enjoyed my afternoon, and I’ve almost finished part 14 of the blanket!!

So yes, the blanket. I did undo around 4-5hrs of work the other day, and I have since redone it and it looks and sits SO much better, so I am glad that I did it. So two more sides to go, and then part 14 of Sophies Universe is done. Four more parts to go!

The sauce is very nice, I sampled some just after I blended it. I added some salt but the salt grinder sort of broke as I was grinding and well, maybe there’s a bit more salt than I intended. Just a mix of veg and ‘erbs. I used leek, garlic (whole cloves & minced & dried ground), onion, aubergine, courgette, pepper, mushroom, and tomatoes big n small. Also a small tin of chickpeas, and a healthy splash of dried mixed herbs. I don’t measure stuff.

Exercise today: shifting shit. 2.9 miles walking apparently. Haven't done weights, but ya know, I've shovelled actual poop. It's hard work walking around the allotment site as it is very wet and sloppy, and I did nearly fall on my tooter a few times. 

Lots of words today. I have enjoyed today.