Friday 27 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 23

A good day today. I’ve been out with a couple of my volunteers, it’s been sunny, and we’ve had a right laugh. We have started gathering things for wreath making next week and we also made a lot of lardy seedy bird feeders. Eventually. My golly was it hard work. It wasn’t this bad last year! Anyway, we did it. 4kg of seed is now hung up around the allotment at my Selly Oak site. One of my ladies made a fat ball feeder from a piece of garden mesh rolled around into a tube and closed at one end. Well good. Pretty funny, too.

Exercise today: 10 mins cycling, 2.4 miles walking, some of that with a heavily loaded wheelbarrow with a soft tyre.

Dinner today: spaghetti and meatballs with homemade, veg loaded, sauce. There’s enough left for tomorrow. And Monday (we have a roast every Sunday). And maybe Tuesday too.

I had a soak in a bubble bath last night accompanied by some jaffa cakes and a book.

My flamingo amaryllis is now putting out three flower buds – one is tucked right at the bottom.

The sky was nice this evening. We didn’t need the frost covers on the car. Nevermind.