Sunday 15 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 11

A very good day today. We have done nothing of any great importance.

I was up at 8, and D slept in until around the time that Sean Connery plays racquet sports (10-ish). We have been in pyjamas all day, and spent most of the day together on the sofa, him playing Xbox and me playing on the computer.

I have done some pyjama gardening today in between the rain. I planted bareroot raspberry canes, sown leek seeds in trays, topped up another planter with brown paper and fresh compost, and then sowed winter spinach seeds. I have also planted some ash tree seeds from the big tree over the back, as part of my little tree nursery. I now have oak, ash, hazel, sweet chestnut, and soon will also have almond. The almond seeds are currently stratifying in the fridge and won’t be planted until new year.

I have finished part 14 of my Sophies Universe blanket! I only have four parts left. Today I did an extra stitch round to make the zig zags into diamonds. This wasn’t part of the pattern, I just thought it’d look good. And it does. I have sewn all the ends away ready to start part 15. She now measures 1.3m across, so still has a good way to go. Final size is estimated to be around 1.8m across.

My ginger is starting to root! I started this as a thing for work as I am now a ~content creator~ aka everything on the works social media is from my garden, home, or allotment.

I counted 43 hollyhocks today. I still have LITERALLY THOUSANDS left (they were collected last year) so I will do some guerrilla seed sowing next year with the rest. Everywhere. Anywhere. ALL OVER.

Dinner today was a big fat homemade fresh veg slow cooked slow roast dinner! Badabing. I had a Quorn fillet and D had garlic, thyme & lemon chicken.