Tuesday 24 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 20

One week left!

A laptop day today. I’ve had a few meetings and have done lots of emails and have made some stuff to be posted online next year.

Exercise today: 15 mins cycling. I was going to start doing weights on my lunch break but today I haven’t had a lunchbreak, and so I haven’t done my weights. Always an excuse. Maybe I’ll do them after dinner. Maybe lifting a pint with dinner will count as exercise?

David has drilled drainage holes in my new pots and I have planted them up with crocus and snowdrops. They are now hanging off the back fence with the others.

Dinner today is a super veggie stir fry.

Today I was sorting out my seed packets for work tomorrow and I discovered an old pack of asparagus seeds that need to be sown by December 2020. They take around 2 months to germinate apparently, so I have chucked them in a mushroom punnet with wetted kitchen roll, and then popped them in a bag and placed them on the windowsill with the fuchsia cuttings and ginger pots. We shall see. Neither of us like asparagus but if they grow, I can plant them out at the work gardens.