Friday 13 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 09

Four day weekend starts here! Very exciting. I booked a day off work to give me time to catch up on my household admin, and then thought sod it I’m taking a second day off because I want to. So I have. Monday is now booking up with appointments as I am getting flu jabbed and then I am having my cervix poked. Hopefully not at the same appointment.

I have been out in the sunshine and I have been knee deep in holes. Digging out laurel roots is clearly my lifes mission. I spent some time at work today in the shadow of beech trees, watching a flock of around ten long tailed tits flitting in and out of the branches. I love them so much.

Exercise today: I have a vague recollection of doing bean weights this morning but I can’t really remember, but I have dug out two massive laurel roots today and dragged them around a bit (for fun, obvs). I have walked 3 miles. I have also shifted heavy shopping bags (full of beer).

My lunchbreak today consisted of going shopping, again, and I bought the latest Breathe magazine. I like it, I can dip in and out, it’s good for mindfulness, and has become a sort of therapy for me – I have to slow down and consciously take time out to read it, so it’s good. It stops me from doom scrolling.

My car ticked over 56,500 miles today.

Dinner today – pizza! Veg loaded pizza with a craptonne of extra veg. Lavly.