Thursday 26 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 22

I have been oot and aboot today! I went to the allotment this morning to get something I needed for work and while I was there, I topped up the fat ball feeders and threw a load of seed on the floor. The allotment was well and truly frozen, it had a really heavy frost all over. Looked nice though.

Work today has been all over the place. I was doing lots of measuring but I forgot the tape measures so Momma P had to come and bail me out. The tree people were at another site apparently doing the wrong tree. I’ve spent my morning on my knees drawing with chalk, I slipped up an embankment and was inches away from going face first into a huge pile of dog shit, and then I went to check the tree work at another site and the road was closed, so I went a different way I’ve never been before and lost traction on a hill and went sideways, nearly into someones car. Sigh.

On the upside, I have been named ‘employee of the quarter’ along with five or six others. Two awards for the Midlands team so that’s good, especially as there is only 7 or 8 of us total.

Exercise today: I may have done weights this morning but I can’t remember that far back. I was going to go on the bike but my brain is all over the place. I’ve walked 1.6 miles apparently.

Dinner tonight: pizza. Again. No shame. We ordered Dominos because hella lazy. It’s been a right day today.

The cars were frozen this morning and tomorrow it is set to be -2, so we’ve put the covers on the car.

The corn salad (lambs lettuce) seed are poking up but I cannot help but feel they chose the wrong time to grow! They are winter hardy but the compost is frozen.

I might go and lie in the barth.