Sunday 29 November 2020

Lockdown Diaries: Day 25

Today! A jolly good day. Pyjama gardening, chocolate eating, mantel faffing, light lighting, someone else cooking dinner. Beaut.

So today I have potted up the new christmas tree into a bigger pot. I was going to use a blue ceramic one but it weighed as much as the tree! So I used a plastic pot instead. The tree is now in a bigger pot with a mix of sand and peat free compost, and then topped off with grit. It is still out in the garden for now.

I also potted up the kitchen avocado stone today as it was putting out lots of side roots. The daffs that I planted the other day in a planter are now on the mantel with the avocado. We went to a garden centre to get a new drip tray for the tree, and a bag of grit. I may have walked out with five pots of cyclamen, four of which are now planted in the garden and the last one is in a pot on the mantel. Very mantel-ly sort of day today.

The hellebores look like they’re about to flower which is quite exciting! I do want more hellebore for the garden but I am happy to see the flower buds. Even if I did bury them with pot compost before I realised.

It’s been super foggy on our travels today.

I also found a pic of Momma P and I from last year some time and it made me laugh, so it’s here again.

FOUR ROWS LEFT. Four rows. FOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR.