Thursday 14 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 10

What a day.

I’ve not been sleeping well at all this week and today I had to be up at 6:30 on my day off, so I could get to a new work site and meet a timber delivery. I sat in my car for one and a half hours before it turned up, and one of the boards got damaged as it was unloaded. Sigh.

I was then going to go to the allotment – I was going today anyway, to feed the birds – and my car wouldn’t start. I turned the key once and the lights came on, I turned it again to turn her over and I lost all power. Happened a few times so I phoned my lovely saviour, my David. He’s such a nice boy.

Davids exercise today: pushing my car back and forth to try and make it do something, and then pushing my car backwards across a car park to jump it, and then pushing it forward to try again. He’s so butch.

Anyway, my car works. No idea what happened. D reckons it is the starter motor.

The allotment is super flooded. Again. The slabs in front of the shed are under an inch of water. Again. I topped up the bird feeders and chucked a load of seed on the floor. Again. 

Back home, I did the flat pack shelf. It arrived last night at 8:30pm – twenty minutes before it was officially due! Exciting. So today I’ve put it together, moved the furniture around, taken out the old narrow shelf, put in the new wider shelf, transferred the contents across, emptied some boxes that were piled up behind the chair “to be sorted out”, and then I moved the other chair and put the narrow shelf behind that, and now a lot of my craft stuff is on it. So the living room is now tidier and a bit more organised, with a lot less “stuff” chucked behind the chairs. Hoorah!! Also I can now get to my new little storage trunk, which is good because it has….. more craft stuff in it.

Exercise today: shifting a shit load of wet timber from one pile to another, and stacking it up. Moving shelving units around. Moving armchairs around. 

Dinner today: we had fish and chips from the chippy!! Wooohooooo. We order it online and then D goes to collect it. We had 15% off for collecting it. The chippy is also doing groceries with the fish & chips so you can order bread, milk, sugar, and/or tea bags, and they go to the shop next door to buy it, then it goes out with the order. Clever, eh.

Tomorrow I am going to clear out under the stairs and sort it out. I think I have two or three bags of work stuff and there only needs to be one, so I’m going to sort and tidy. This furlough lark is great.







Before...

...After!