Wednesday 27 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 23

Our tap water is safe again! Wahooooo. I shall never take it for granted again. Until the next time it goes off and we have to keep boiling water and filling bottles.

I feel a bit better today. I organised all of my new seeds that arrived yesterday so everything is now tidy. I have nine types of squash/pumpkin and eight types of bean. And three types of spinach. I have written my seed sowing list for March but I have no idea where I’m going to put them all. I may have to take everything to the plot and sow the seeds there, and put them in the polytunnel.

The cress seeds I started yesterday are already sprouting. I have never eaten cress.

The snowdrop has survived under the snow and looks quite perky! I am happy. I thought it was a gonner. The planters out the front are looking really good and full. The first crocus are starting to flower and there are lots of daff flowers coming.

I have strapped my wrist and put my crochet down. I was trying to finish the next section first but I can’t ignore the twinge of tendonitis and I know it’ll be a lot worse if I don’t stop now. So I am strapped and “resting”. I am not good at resting.

Santa got me a new pair of fluffy slippers because the ones I had for christmas have literally broken in two already. The ankle of one just split right open and I can't fix it.

Today is payday and I have spent a lot of money! Lots of garden goodies coming my way.

I had a shower today! First one in five days. Take THAT, depression.

Exercise today: cycling, side to side twists.

Dinner: jacket potato and a huge side salad.