Friday 8 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 04

Forgot to mention that yesterday was my two year anniversary of starting work with TCV. Two whole years! Almost. If you exclude the fact that I was off for three months last year full time, and then part time for three months…

Two years. Somewhere on an external hard drive I have a document that I write down all of my jobs and dates and basic duties in a table (so when the time comes to write a new CV, I don’t have to think very much). This job is my first long term full time job, everrrrr. In fact, it is only my third ever full time job. One of those was seasonal for six months, and the other I only did for 2.5 weeks.

In other news, I have decided I want an archway for the garden that I can put longways along the fence and grow things up it. Like sweet peas and pumpkins and beans and clematis and honeysuckle. The garden has been looking very frozen lately but I think all the snow and ice has finally melted with a bit of rain we’ve had. Still bladdy cold tho.

Lunch today was half a raspberry jam sponge pudding because I wanted something quick and hot, but not a toastie.

Exercise today: cycling

Dinner today: pizzaaaaaaaaaaaa. The forbidden fruit. But fuck it. I’ve done a whole week of exercise dammit!

Put the ink in my fountain pen today and it is SO SWISH. Forever writing with fountain pens from now on. Also years of biro writing has turned me into a hard writer. Like, I engrave the paper as I go. Fountain pen no likey. So I need to learn how to gently hold a pen again.

My avocado stone has finally committed to growing, at long last. The top growth is now 15cm tall but still hasn’t opened any leaves.

Potted up the tomatoes and cabbages today. The pots have been on the windowsill above the radiator and they're getting very dry, but the plants are also getting their first true leaves. I'm also still struggling with fungus gnats and don't want to keep spraying insecticide in a room where I'm trying to grow food plants. Yay carcinogens! So they're potted up, two to a pot, and now in a big clip top box out in the back garden. I put a cereal box in the bottom as if a thin layer of card would help with insulation, but they'll have to take their chances. Even if half die I will still have shit loads of plants. Next up is the aubergine and cauliflower but I need another clip top box first. Just gonna stack 'em up in the garden.

Next door neighbour bought us some beer to say thank you for doing the bins for her. I didn't realise we had done the bins for her. I suspect David sorted them before/after he went to/from work. I certainly haven't done anything. I don't even do our bins.

Tomorrow I am going to… wait for it… LEAVE THE HOUSE. Actually!! My first time outside since our walk on Monday. I am so excited. I am going to go to the allotment, to a post box, and then food shopping. Wahoooooooo!