Friday 15 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 11

Been a busy one today!

Before midday we had breakfasted, D had been over to his parents, I had emptied the hallway, swept and mopped it, done the recycling, done the rubbish, done the laundry, done the washing up, put cushion pads in the covers, tidied a bit of the living room, put the bunting up, been out for a look around the garden, made lunch, and then swept and mopped the kitchen before we got trapped in the living room cuz the hallway was wet. We ate our lunch at 11:30 today..!

We went for a walk this arvo on our local route. Saw a heron. Met a dog. Didn’t see a kingfisher.

Dinner today: paella one pot. Not my best but I haven’t made it for a good ten months.

Exercise today: sweeping, mopping, 1.5mile walk.

I have been working on blanket 2 today – it works up quite fast and I have done four more rows so far.

I also made cake today. I have fancied cake for a good week now so I finally gave in and made something more substantial than a microwave mug cake. I have done two lemon & coconut loaf cakes. I may eat two lemon & coconut loaf cakes before the day is through, too.

At the back of our house two rivers join and I took a photo because one is nice and clean and the other is dutty muddy brown.

The telly has died so now we have the wee babby telly downstairs.

I think I have uncovered the secret of marzipan hot choca – three spoons of white hot choc + one spoon of marzipan. It’s the most flavour I’ve had so far.