Saturday 16 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 12

What another exciting day I’ve had.

David was back at work today and I had my tree warden training session. I crocheted three rows during it. After the session I did some gardening.

I;

·       Dug the raspberry suckers out of the raised bed at the end of the garden, laid down some cardboard, and emptied two bags of peat free compost into the bed. The level has sunk since last year as it compacts over time, so now it is topped up and ready for seed sowing in March.

·       Replanted the suckers into their very own pot

·       Potted up the pineapple from the kitchen. The wrong time of year to do it but it seems to be the source of most of the fungus gnats and the fly paper around the rim was manky.

·       Found a caterpillar

·       Put up my new hanging basket brackets over the concrete posts. I need one more though as there is a post without a bracket.

·       Swept the paving slabs

·       Cut back some herbs to encourage fresh new growth

·       Planted some rogue bulbs what I gone and found. One was trying to flower

·       Planted the almond stones that I have had sat in my fridge since October to stratify them

 

All very exciting, and now the garden is tidy, and I almost have enough space to start doing some skipping with my rope.

Today I have also done another wool wash because D got his gloves dirty, so I gave in and washed my jumper for the first time too. I also washed one of my crochet blankets to soften it up.

I got some fancy coins from a friend in London who’s been having a sort out. Isle of Man Olympic coins!! Posh.

I have decided to continue with my blanket 2 as it is – it will still be pretty and functional and keep our toes warm.

Exercise today: lugging compost around, sweeping the slabs, 15min cycling, push ups, plank, and bean weights.

Dinner today: veggie pizza with extra veggies.

David took the larger of the two cakes to work because I forced him to, and I have eaten the other one. With custard. Very nice.

Thought I’d get ahead of myself today and set my printer to do a load of stuff I need for work, which was all well and good until I changed the blue ink and it popped. I have a slight blue tinge to my finger nails now.

D fixed the telly. He turned it off and on again.