Sunday 10 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 06

A very lazy weekend has been a very good thing. We had a lazy morning and eventually got ourselves together and went for a walk. We went to a different park but it is still close to us so we didn’t do a naughty. Didn’t do a walk as long as we usually do, but still – we got outside, got some fresh air, saw some greenery, and it was good.

I decided to keep a list of all the birds I see in 2021 and we added five more during the walk. Snapped a few photos of a mistle thrush.

This morning pre-walk I did some pyjama gardening. I chopped back the strawberry growth from last year, and cut back the mint and some other herbs, and chopped back some heather. My Nan Ham always made me cut the flowers off the heather in the peak of the season so they’d flower better the following year.

I have somehow brought a spider plant back from the dead. It had died back but the roots were really good and strong so I potted them up in fresh compost and voila! It has come back to life.

There’s lots of new spring growth happening in the gardening. LOADS of bulbs. Loads.

B1 is pissing me off because I keep fucking up the stitch counts but I am hoping that I can fudge it enough to make it work.

B2 is looking good – the colours remind me of a goldfinch, but won’t for long as I’m going to add some blue.

Exercise today: a 1.4mile walk

Dinner today: roast dinner. I much prefer making one of these when D isn’t around to get in my way. Just let me roast all the veg dammit.