Saturday 9 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 05

I went outside!! In my toot toot car!! To places!! It’s all very exciting. I went to the allotment, to a post box, and to go food shopping. Very good. Shouldn’t need to go to a food shop for couple of weeks now – or until we run out of grapes, whichever happens sooner.

The allotment is very frozen, still. The road was very crunchy. I topped up the bird feeders and scattered a load of seed on the floor. I need to get some mealworms. I’ll need to top up on fat balls and seed soon too so may as well do a big order when I get paid. I was stood at the bottom of the plot admiring the garlics that are still not growing, and wondering, where the fuck are my garlics and why the fuck aren’t they growing, and then I heard a bird! A different bird. It was a goldfinch!! Flew over me and into the tree behind the shed, and then down onto the teasels. I am SO GLAD I leave the teasels for the birds. They annoy the neighbours but stuff the neighbours, I like wildlife. The goldfinch was there for a good 10 minutes and then it flew off and I saw it join a flock (a “charm”) of more. I’d have been beside myself if all eight had been on the teasels.

I saw the disc of the sun today through the cloud. It’s always a bit strange seeing the disc of the sun, like the end of days. Always reminds me of being monumentally hungover on the Isle of Arran, laying on some shore line rocks being delicate, and then seeing the disc of the sun.

I couldn’t find the crochet magazine I wanted today so I bought the latest ‘Breathe’. Looking forward to reading this one.

I started making the second of the two new blankets to give me something to do when I wanted a break from making the first of the two new blankets. I have definitely ordered the wrong yarn (two colours), so I have now ordered the right yarn – which means I now can’t do b2, so I’ll have to crack on with b1.

Healthy lunch today. Plate of cheese, crackers, and some fruit. D has four cheeses on his crackers.

Some garlic is growing, but it’s taking its sweet precious bloody time.

Dinner today: chish and fips, from the freezer

Exercise today: lifting big heavy shopping bags

Feeling a lot better for getting out of the house today but shopping was a stressful experience. I was patiently waiting for the bananas to be accessible and some knobhead just marched right up, parked his trolley, leaned over someone, and got some nanas. Prick.