Sunday 17 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 13

Been out again today :O Don’t tell the popos.

A wee jaunt to the allotment to take the bird feeder from the garden that had hanging baskets on it as they’re too heavy for it, but over time it’s gotten more and more horizontal. The baskets are going to go up on the fence and the bird feeder is now at the allotment. I topped up the bird feeders and the birds were quite literally queuing up waiting for me to leave – they all come and sit in the gooseberry bush until the coast is clear. Now that I’ve got the new/old feeder pole, I am thinking of cutting down one of the plum trees completely because there’s enough room under it for another raised bed. 

The things in the fat ball tubs in the polytunnel are looking healthy so I’m happy. They had been rather badly caterpillared and slugged but they’ve bounced back. The garlics are showing through in number now so that’s a relief.

Bin shopping again. The lightbulb blew on the landing this morning and we needed some groceries so I bin shopping. It was painless. No queue, hardly anyone in the shop, no queue at the checkouts. Lavly.

Crochet blanket 1 is back on my hook. Crochet blanket 2 has had lots done to it today and it’s working up well. Starting to like it.

Accidentally bought some seeds in Sainsburys.

Fridge tetris was good. Unfortunately didn’t have space for the pastries so I had to cook them. Shame.

Dinner today: big fat roasty

Exercise today: minimal