Monday 25 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 21

Back at work today. Booooooooooooooooring. Trying to pre-empt admin stuff so that I don’t have to worry about it in two months time but how do I know what’s going to happen in two months?

Went out in the snow this morning and the snowdrop that was looking so good has given up and collapsed under the weight of the snow. Ironic.

Lunch today was tomato soup with a lot of homemade rosemary & garlic Doombar beer bread. Posho. Lunch pudding was lemon cake with lemon buttercream. Double posho.

Pak choi is growing well in the water bowl. I removed the outer leaves as they were going soft.

The first hollyhock that I only sowed last week is growing! It has put out a rooty tooty, so that’s good. These are seeds that my ladies and I salvaged from hollyhock plants last year at Selly Oak, and it’s a good job because last summer the plants got ripped out and replaced with weed matting and gravel.

BERNIE IS DONE. Holy moly. Took us three attempts to find stuff to make the glasses but they’re DONE and he is DONE and now the mission is on to pose him in as many places as possible. He is currently atop a silver flamingo.

I have done three rows on blue blanket 1 today - if I keep this up it'll be done in..... 3 months time. Ha.

I really miss the allotment. 

Exercise today: 15min cycling, plank, push ups.

Dinner today: stir fry.