Thursday 7 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 03

Today at work I have spent around £1,500 so that’s been fun. I have also done a shit load of maths because stuff I calculated in November kept me awake last night in the sudden realisation that I had worked out five planks high instead of six. Argh! I have been all over my notes, found another massive error, and now ordered loads of wood which inevitably means I will have too much. And then this afternoon realised I had based it all on 3m lengths of wood but they can only supply 2.4m, so I’ve had to go back over it all again just to make sure. FUN.

I hate maths.

Exercise today: frantically typing, lots of alt+tab, flexing dem fingers. Oh I have also done some cycling bike. I pulled my back this morning so I have been doing my best to sit upright at my desk, and gleefully not doing any planks, squats, or push ups.

Dinner today: remains of the pasta bake.

It has been frosty cold and foggy pretty much all day here. We have our first icicles! Aww. Another relationship milestone.

I thawed out the bird bath – couldn’t get the ice out so had to run some warm tap water over it instead. I then had to break the new layer of ice in the afternoon. Haven't seen anything using it yet but we have been low on birds of late. And there's a huge river behind us so plenty of bathing oppos. 

My new ink cartridges arrived today. For the last few weeks I have had a passing fancy to use my fountain pen, but not with blue or black ink. I now have purple ink and green ink! Aww yis. My fountain pen is now soaking in water to clean. Apparently they should be cleaned very four to six weeks. I can honestly say in all the years I have possessed one, I have never cleaned one. Ever. Maybe that’s why they keep stopping working. Now there’s a thunkle.

Blanket is going v well, I can squeeze a row into my lunch break whilst I watch New Girl on Netflix. I can get 3 episodes into a lunch break. Today I had pizza bread. V nice.

Lettings agent has asked for photos of the house for our 6 month virtual assessment so tomorrow I shall clean the house and then take photos. I am going to lay out all of my blankets in all of the rooms (bathroom blanket, yassss), but differently to how they were in July. Gotta show them off somehow.