Friday 29 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 25

A gardnin' day today. I;

·       Built and installed the new arch from Wilkos. It's tall.

·       Planted a bleeding heart and a chocolate cosmos underneath the arch

·       Lots of flower buds coming on the bulbs now, including quite a few snowdrops

·       Sorted out pots from the first plastic tub – some were looking ok and some not so ok. I have sorted the plants out and will reuse the compost.

·       Used my new 40-pot tray from Wilkos and sowed onion, chard, pea, mint, tomato, verbena, and amaranthus. These are now in the box, and the box is upstairs.

·       Did chard, onion, pea and summat else that I’ve forgotten in trays but have left them outside with no cover.

·       Lots of seedlings in the second box are growing well! I have two rhubarb seedlings. I’ve never grown rhubarb from seeds before but I somehow have a packet in my collection.

·       Also thousands of lobelia seedlings (because they are tiny and it was hard to sow one per compartment).

·       Swept the slabs because I made a mess

·       Spring onion, pak choi, and strawbs from the drip trays in the kitchen are now potted up and in a fat ball tub to take their chances.

A good day! I sat and watched the birds for a while too. Today I have seen woodpeckers, crows, pigeon, gull, nuthatch, blue tit, great tit, long tailed tit, and I have heard the song thrush again.

I have downloaded more 28 day challenge things. I am going to work on my flexibility over the coming weeks – I cannot scratch between my own shoulder blades at the mo – and I am also going to concentrate on eating better. 

With that in mind:

Exercise today: none. Heh.

Dinner today: I have soup and beer bread. David hasn’t eaten yet because he has had a funny tummy. Too much cheese.

Most of the photos are from the garden today but I have very much enjoyed pottering around and getting bits done.

My wrist is still strapped and I desperately want to start the stripy socks but it just isn’t worth making the tendonitis worse. I am going to need a working wrist for work over the coming weeks to move compost and build raised beds.













No more seed sowing for a while......!