Sunday 24 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 20

Today has been a day for baking! I have used all three of my Mason Cash mixing bowls and this makes me very happy, for I am simple and like a good mixing bowl. I have made a lemon cake with lemon buttercream, and David has made a Doombar beer bread monster which used 1kg of bread flour – a whole bag. It does have a good crumb even though it looks like a blob monster. I think it worked better than yesterdays bread even though it came close to killing my mixer.

It has SNOWED. All day! Very much excite. We went for a walk on our usual route but it took ages because I was too busy taking photos of snow to really walk much. I love the snow. I love watching the snow. I love walking in the snow. I love sitting inside in the warm all bundled up and getting excited by the snow. I love it! Doubt I shall love it so much on Tuesday when I still won’t be able to drive anywhere. I decided that I need to crochet myself a woollen skirt/wrap to wear over my thighs because currently jeans or my work trousers are the only things that fit, and jeans ain't good for cold weather. So I need a woollen skirt, a woollen shawl, woollen socks...

Bernie is coming along well, the main parts are complete. The face mask is glued on and I trimmed his hair last night so I’m much happier with that. I just need pipe cleaners to stuff the arms and legs to make him posable, and then I need to figure out how I’m going to do the glasses. It says to use bendy wire but I might just hairspray some embroidery floss into shape.

We haven’t done much else today. It’s been a walkin’ and a bakin’ kinda day. Back to work tomorrow.

Exercise: 1.5mile walk. Made a snow angel at the end of our driveway. We have not done yoga today because D is shocked and horrified to discover that he needs to sign up and pay for the app for access to day 3 onwards, and youtube yoga is too fast for him. So that's the end of that.

Dinner: lemon cake. I wish! Big fat roasty toasty dinner, with lemon cake to follow.